For the stay at home mother, she has a lot of responsibilities on her plate.
Watching over a child or several kids is a full-time job in and of itself. Throw in a career and we are talking significant overtime.
As more and more moms are finding out these days, there are opportunities to be had by working from home with a blog and/or website.
First and foremost, creating your own blog and/or website is something that does take time and effort. Most importantly, do not start either one if you do not think you will be able to put 100 percent into them.
As some moms already know, there are many different opportunities in the mom blogging community at this time. That being said, do not expect blogging or building your own website to make you a millionaire overnight. In fact, you will likely not see tons of dollars, but you will see opportunities open up that were there waiting for you and many others mothers before you got online with your webstarts ideas.
So just what are some of these opportunities? Among them would be:
1. Discussing personal experiences – Many momsthatblog and/or put together a website talk about their own experiences as a mother, something many other women can relate to. Whether it was a difficult pregnancy, being a military wife, raising children with health issues or whatever the subject matter may be, one’s personal experiences are oftentimes the best subjects to address. As you will quickly learn, many other mothers out there have been or are currently going down this same path. Before you know it, you are touching other lives and opening up a network of communication with many other moms;
2. Offering online expertise – Some women who are now staying at home to raise their children can be a great asset to those women and even men looking to enhance their online skills. In the event you worked as an online editor, blogger, SEO consultant, I.T. expert, etc. you have skills that people need. Although you may not be working full-time in the outside world, you have skills that can be passed on to others. Through your blog and/or website, you can discuss matters such as how to start a blog, how to incorporate search marketing (SEO and SEM) into your business, how to run pay-per-click campaigns, how to sell products online and more;
3. Writing about current topics – You may or may not be impacted by things currently going on in the world, but it is a pretty safe bet that many other women (mothers and those not with children) are. If your blog is focused on challenging economic times for women, issues with raising children in today’s technological age, protecting children from violence in the schools and elsewhere, how to cope with daily stress, and how to deal with issues in one’s marriage, there is a good chance you will strike a nerve with many readers. Offering advice on some pertinent topics is sure to get you some readers and return traffic;
4. Have a focus – While it great to blog or have a website catering to various needs, take the time to focus in on a subject or two that you know you are both passionate and knowledgeable about, along with the fact that it will be popular. If your blog or site is all over the place, you may reach a number of people, but the focus can be off. Having a focus will allow you to bring in a concentrated audience, an audience that will likely follow you regularly and recommend you to other readers as an authority in your chosen subject. If you have a local focus, even better;
5. Expand your horizons – Not only is blogging a great way to stay in tune with current topics and potentially make money, but you can also use any skills you have in PPC, affiliate marketing, Google Adsense, in-text link advertisements, direct ads and more. Part of expanding your horizons is also networking. As you will quickly learn, scratching someone’s back will often lead to them doing the same for you. If you promote blogs and/or websites of other moms, there is a good chance they will return the favor for you. As a result, your blog gets more traffic and your potential for earning more revenue increases;
6. The web can work wonders – If writing is not your forte, you can still build a successful website that brings you both traffic and potentially money. If you are skilled in things such as search engine optimization (SEO), affiliate marketing, pay-per-click campaigns etc., you can be a great source of knowledge. In working from home, advertise your website skills to others that may need consulting help, I.T. assistance or even building sites. If sales is your specialty, you can use your website to sell just about everything there is. In working from home on the web, you can make your own hours, set your own pay scale and more. Just because you do not have a normal 9 to 5 office job does not mean you cannot make money and have a rewarding career at the same time as a stay at home mother.
The possibilities are endless if you want to stay at home as a mom and earn some money too.
Whether it is blogging or crafting your own website to meet the needs of others, let your mind run wild.