It is now officially winter! Wow this year has gone by so fast! Since we are in Georgia our winter if actually mild to say the least. However that doesn’t stop us from the dreaded flu and cold season. That is one part I always dread when the winter season approaches. It also brings those awful cold sores! No matter how hard I try to fight it, I always get at least one ugly cold sore during this time of year.
I use to think that I was alone when it came to cold sores. I recently found out that I wasn’t. It is reported that about 80 million Americans suffer from cold sores, which can be unsightly and sometimes painful!
Common triggers of cold sores include:
- Fatigue can sap your immune system, making you easy prey for a cold sore outbreak.
- Stress can also wear down your immune system, giving that dormant cold sore a chance to launch a sneak attack.
- Cold weather, dry air and winter wind can dry out lips and cause a cold sore.
- For women, hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle can trigger an outbreak.
- Trauma to your mouth or lips, like an injury or even dental procedure, can launch a cold sore outbreak.
- A fever, a cold or the flu can leave you feeling run-down and on the defense against a cold sore outbreak.
Luckily Abreva gives you fast healing to keep you close to your loved ones this season. Abreva, is the only over-the-counter medication approved by the FDA to shorten the healing time of a cold sore. It heals like a prescription without the hassle of getting one. By applying Abreva at the first sign of a cold sore, you’ll be able to tackle your busy schedule.
When I first learned about Abreva, I will be honest I didn’t think it would actually work. I had tried everything else on the market and nothing seemed to work. I use to just have to wait it out and make myself not touch it. So when I decided to put Abreva to the test I was actually shocked that it worked! Now you won’t find me without it. I have found that it’s best to use it at the first sign.
So if you suffer from cold sores don’t let it keep you down! Keep yourself on track by treating your cold sore as soon as it begins so you can shorten the healing time and get back to feeling like yourself fast! The best part is if you aren’t completely satisfied with Abreva, save your receipt and remaining product, and call 1-877-709-3539 to get a full refund! Also make sure to head on over to Abreva’s website and get your coupon for $2.00 off when you try Abreva!
Now don’t leave just yet! One lucky reader is going to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card! Just leave a comment below telling me something about winter you don’t like?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*I am participating in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Abreva, and received free product and compensation in return for my participation.*