As we gathered together with family and friends for the holiday season, we surround ourselves with loved ones – and lots and lots of food! The holidays tend to bring out the chef in all of us. My family loves to make jokes about how much I cook and bake. I admit I cook and bake way more during the Holidays compared to other times. It’s just something about the Holidays!
This year, I was able to entertain like a pro with tips and products from the Giada De Laurentiis from the Target collection thanks to Mom central. The Giada De Laurentiis for Target collection offers specialty food items and quality manufactured cookware, bakeware and kitchen tools perfect for everyday cooking and entertaining at home. I was able to get a lot of goodies to help me prepare the perfect Holiday party and meals.
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Products Included:
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Black Olive Tapenade, $2.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee, $6.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Mushrooms, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Genovese Basil Pesto, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Eggplant & Pepper Pesto, $2.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 2-Quart Ceramic Oval Baker, $19.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 9” Ceramic Pie Pan, $16.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Silicone Spoonula with Stainless Steel Handle, $9.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set with Pour, $19.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk, $7.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, $15.99
I loved everything! However, I think that my favorite was the 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set with Pour and the Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk, since it got used many times over the past few weeks. My daughter loved the bowels and measuring cups since her and my niece was even baking this week!
We even had great recipes and Tips that came in handy. Here are some helpful entertaining tips from Giada De Laurentiis! Also, here is one of my favorite recipes from Giada herself!
- Plan ahead! Prepare most of your dishes ahead of time, rather than trying to cook everything at once. You’ll feel less stressed and will be able to enjoy the party. Giada recommends leaving only one item for last minute prep – this brings everyone into the kitchen and sets the tone for a cozy, comfortable evening.
- Don’t overdo your menu – keep it simple! As a general rule, Giada suggests offering four to five appetizers. During the holidays, choose foods that have vibrant colors for an added festive touch. Also select foods that are beautiful to serve and easy for guests to eat. Giada’s go-to holiday favorites include:
My favorite was the Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 cup brewed Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small sauce pan combine the granulated sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
4. In a heat proof pitcher or measuring cup add the boiling water to the coffee /espresso. Divide it among four 6 to 8 oz cups.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the spiced syrup to each cup and stir to combine.
6. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
7. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream – dust with cinnamon and add cinnamon stick.
Yield: 4 servings/ 4 (6-8 oz) cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
This was a big hit Christmas Eve night! Everyone loved it! I haven’t been able to use the other items yet to cook with but we plan to do that this week. Overall I am very impressed with the cookware and will be buying more! This was the first time using or even hearing about this brand so I was very impressed with the quality.
*I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.*