As the mother of an almost-16-month-old daughter, I’m constantly on the lookout for newer, better products. However, the issue nowadays is that so many of the products we use each and every day are ridden with harmful chemicals—chemicals in diapers that give my sweet daughter a rash, in hand sanitizer that she can’t even use because it could be harmful or drying, and in diaper rash cream that makes her skin bleed. And when you think about it, if we can help it, who would ever want to put their child in the way of any harmful substances whatsoever? Not me, that’s for sure.
So when I had the opportunity to review Babyganics products, I jumped at the chance. I’ve used products advertised as baby-safe before, but somehow Babyganics never made its way to my list. Thankfully, that changed.
Babyganics creates products that are free of toxins, endocrine disruptors, parabens, phthalates, carcinogens, and more. They test their products to prove they are non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-irritating, and safe for kids. Sounds great to me!
In the package I received from Babyganics were the following items, and below are my reviews of each:
- Ultra Absorbent Diapers, size 5
- First off, these diapers are AMAZING. Absolutely amazing. I usually use Pampers Cruisers, and my daughter can definitely fill a diaper at night (she sleeps really long stretches). I love that these are lightweight (they seemed less bulky than Pampers, etc., even when dry) and the same thickness from front-to-back. But my favorite thing about them? Overnight with her old diapers, she would wake up with terrible diaper rash. With these, she NEVER gets diaper rash—even if they are wet for longer periods of time than normal. It’s incredible!
- Face, Hand, & Baby Wipes
- I think the diapers sold me, but these wipes also helped. I love that I can use them on basically any part of her body, and unlike other wipes, they don’t seem like they’ll fall apart. They’re super soft, clean well, and gentle on her skin. The only downside? I wish I got more of them.
- Toy & Highchair Cleaner, Fragrance Free
- If I had to pick a favorite product from the bunch, this would be it. I’m allergic to most cleaners, so I’m always weary of trying new products (I usually wind up with a sinus infection). This stuff, however, is the best. Not only does it never bother my sinuses, but also it cleans like a boss. There could be old spaghetti from days before covering her highchair (…not that we let this happen), and sometimes those red-tinted stains just stubbornly refuse to come out. But not with this stuff. It cleans everything, hands down. I love it!
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Yet another miracle product. As stated above, diaper rash creams do NOT work well with our daughter. They dry out her skin so badly that it actually bleeds (it’s happened with every product we’ve tried). I was hesitant to try this because of that, but we gave it a go. And guess what? No diaper rash. This stuff is awesome, and it also stays on for super long periods of time. No worries that it will harm her skin or rub off prematurely.
- Mineral-Based Sunscreen—Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- Easy application (though I have to say, I wish it was a spray), stays on for as long as it advertises (80 minutes), and is thick enough that I know it’s protected her delicate skin. Perfect for those sunny pool and beach days we have coming up!
- Eczema Care Skin Protectant Cream
- Our daughter suffers from not-so-great eczema on her face. It’s not all the time—usually just when she somehow gets milk all over her face or is outside for too long and gets sweaty—but it happens. Overnight, this stuff takes care of it. We usually use the Honest Company’s Healing Balm, but that stuff tends to be a little watery, and Babyganics’ isn’t at all!
- Shampoo + Body Wash, Chamomile Verbena
- Gentle, smells great, and cleans well. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this stuff! I also love the pump bottle.
- Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance Free
- I love that this is alcohol-free. It’s usually so much easier to use hand sanitizer than washing a 16 month old’s hands (I know—I should probably do it anyway), and this stuff gets the job done. Though I have to be honest, I hate the smell. I’m sure the fragrance sanitizer smells great though! The only other downside is that it takes a really long time to dry. Otherwise, it’s great and so nice to have a sanitizer on hand that I know is safe for my daughter’s skin.
- Bubble Bath, Chamomile Verbena
- Yet another amazing-smelling product. Also, this produces GIANT bubbles that she loves to play in. We don’t take bubble baths every night, so she finds this a real treat. I also love that we’ve had no issues with her skin and any rashes of any kind.
- Foaming Dish & Bottle Soap
- I absolutely love these pump bottles and foaming products by Babyganics. We keep this soap right on our sink, and I love that it’s safe for our dishes, pots, etc. AND her bottles and sippy cups. It cleans great, and while I haven’t noticed anything one way or another about it’s scent, I would say that’s a good thing.
Overall, I think Babyganics has made me a believer, and we won’t be switching from their products any time soon. If you haven’t tried their products yet, start with the toy & highchair cleaner, diapers, or baby rash cream. These were my favorites! It’s worth every penny, and you’ll sleep great at night knowing you’ve used products safe for your sweet little one’s delicate, sensitive skin.
Where to buy:
To buy Babyganics, visit babyganics.com/retailers today to find a retailer near you!
Be sure to follow Babyganics on these social networks to keep up with all the latest news and updates!