The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Our family loves technology and I hate to admit it but sometimes we buy way more than we need! So, when I was invited to review the Philips hue starter kit, hue Go personal wire free smart light, and the new Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included, I knew this was going to be a perfect fit! The funny part is I was actually in the process of researching ways to make my “home smart”. With so many products on the market I wanted to make sure that I was purchasing the right product that would not only work but would also be able to grow with my family over the years.
That is why I love the Philips hue product line! I can actually link 50 lights per bridge which is way more than we need! I was amazed how simply the set up was. I installed two in my upstairs living room and the other one in the downstairs. With this product line you can experience a new world for home lighting and transform the way you use light by adjusting colors, timers, alerts and more from your phone or mobile device. I love how the bulbs, accessory lights and bridge work with our current Wi-Fi to let us create mood-setting color schemes, or enjoy the right light setting for reading, relaxing, concentrating and much more. You can also easily maintain an automatic schedule while you’re vacationing, so that it looks like you’re home! My favorite part is that I have my lights set to turn on as soon as I am pulling in my driveway! No more walking in a dark house trying to find the light switch!
Philips hue – new hue White and Ambiance Starter kit and hue Go portable light
- You can manage hue lights from your smartphone or tablet and all hue lights work together. The free iOS- and Android-compatible app lets you adjust colors, brightness and functions without leaving your seat. Create a hue account to access your lights remotely by app or Web browser
- Get the full functionality of the Philips hue app when connected to the Hue Bridge – adjust colors, set timers, notifications, alarms, geofencing and more
- Choose from preset light recipes or create your own with 16 million colors – create and save scenes using your favorite photos as palettes
- Choose from fine-tuned shades of white including the soothing “Relax” setting, the vibrant “Energize” setting and more – no need for buying different white bulbs
- Create custom schedules: program your lights to match your routine, from gradual sunrise every morning or automatically illuminate your entranceway at sundown, to movie night settings
Since we are Apple users I was amazed how great it works with the Apple HomeKit for iOS users, I love how you can control your lights with Siri voice control on my iPhone or iPad. Turns your existing hue lights into HomeKit controllable lights and discover exciting new use cases through 3rd party homekit apps that also control door locks thermostats and more.
More about the hue Go
Jada has took over the The hue Go and put it in her room! This is a portable, completely wire free smart light that offers a lot of versatility for any lighting need.
- Take it or put it anywhere: plug it in or carry it with you with up to 3 hours of rechargeable battery life
- Although Hue go is not waterproof, it is designed to withstand high humidity.
- Control your way – with the on/off switch on the light, or via the hue app (hue bridge required)
- Use it as personal reading light in a dark room, create bright lighting in a room with little existing lighting or no electrical outlets, use it as a kid’s night light, or take it outside to provide ambience on the patio
- hue Go helps you to wake up fresh and energized in the morning with deep dimming. The gradually increasing light intensity gives you the feeling you are waking up from sunrise – gently and naturally
- Offers 5 patented “natural dynamic effects”: Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, and Night Adventure. Each dynamic effect has its own mix of colors to set the right mood.
- Simply connect it to your Hue bridge
I really love these lights and plan on buying more lightbulbs soon to the system. The only issue that I do have is I sometimes have issue with the iPhone app staying connected to my bridge. Other than that I recommend them to anyone who is looking for true smart lights!
Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included – new and exclusively at Best Buy
My 16 year old son is a gamer and has actually been begging for Netgear® Nighthawk™ router for a long time now. However, I will be honest I didn’t see the need to upgrade the router we have since I felt it worked fine. Now that we were sent the Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included, all I can say now, is WOW! I am amazed at how great this router works! We are now getting the speeds we are paying for and I have to admit I love the fact that we no longer have “dead spots” through the house. As soon as the router arrived, my son was ready to connect it! He had us up and running in no time!
The Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included is a brand new router that was exclusively developed between Netgear, an industry leader in the networking world, and Best Buy, to help provide consumers with an easy, all-in-one solution to support their home’s connected devices.
As we all know the number of Wi-Fi dependent products continue to increase in a home from smart phones, tablets, laptops, printers, games and of course products like the hue, this puts a big strain on the network especially your beloved router! So, I am sure it’s safe to say you have experience slow Wi-Fi, dropped calls, or experience “dead zones” – which could be improved upon with an “AC” router, Wi-Fi extenders and expert help. That is why this makes this router the perfect choice for your networking needs.
The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; simply place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. The best part is additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones.
- This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming. This makes my son a very happy gamer and as a mom I am no longer complaining that my wifi is slow due to the kids streaming which equals one happy family!
- Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year.
- The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
I love all 3 products and recommend them to everyone! Not only are they great for home they would make great gifts this year for all your tech nerds on your list this holiday!
Join the conversation on social network with #BBYConnectedHome And for the latest news and updates be sure to follow on these social networks.